Pages

SEASONS

Seasons come and go, only the profound memories remain and it takes special people to make the memories. It has been a wonderful, rare, special, amazing period with you people, I never saw this coming but here it is. First time I saw you smile I didn’t have the slightest idea that we would scale this high. We have pressed the right buttons and what’s left on the screen is breath-taking. I rub my small beard, looking into deep space, I try to swallow a lump that forms in my throat. Luckily, and I force it down. I feel I should make a big baby smile but my lips betray me, crises form and my face turns into a nonetheless express less frown.

I look around, my eyes meet the dustbin at the far right corner ,filled with remains of what was once a sumptuous meal……hours ago this was a delicacy displayed in a mall in the leafy suburbs…appealing to every eye….now it’s in the dustbin…..how funny life is!....

In a flash, the memories or rather the reality of the predicament trailing my steps hits me.My pulse is high, I toss and turn, growing anxious….\.nothing seems to work to my advantage.


Then it finally hits me! I put my best foot forward and this really lights me up. Every day the sun rose we all always gave our best. That’s why am so honoured, so appreciative and so humbled in the same breath. I don’t want to get sentimental. Africa has taught me that men don’t cry, so let’s make a deal. It doesn't end here. This is where it begins; this was just an appetizer before the main course. Seasons, so they call them.

My inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment